Monday, October 06, 2008

Art Preview!


Here's some inkies getting ready to be framed.... and below, The progress of one of the woodcut pieces---- from sketch, to paint, cutting, assemblage, & fini!

le messie sketch. Le soupie paint.Le cut... watch la fing-airs!
in progress - making templates for cutting. more templates for le cutting.

AND FINI! - a crazy mermaid Triptych called "The Players."
took me forever.

I hope you'll join me...
San Diego's SUBTEXT gallery this Friday from 6-10pm.
Lost at Sea: New Works by CJ Metzger & Miss Mindy
Show runs: October 10th - November 9th, 2008

but if you can't attend- sadly..., here's a link to see the show- - - - -
http://subtextstore.com/blog/
:)mm

9 comments:

damon said...

wow that looks super cool

love it

shaunna said...

Oh my Goodness I LOVE her! Your drawings are so ultra beautiful too! Damn, I don't think we can make that opening, but have a great time Missy!!!

*daisy said...

super cuteness!! i am in love with your recent series of mermaids, seriously- I would wallpaper my house with them if I could (and if damon would let me.. hee hee!!)

; D

Christina Conway said...

Wonderful to see the process and effort that goes into your fabulous work.

I'm super excited for Friday night! I'm bringing along a whole crew of art lovers... see you then!

HUGS!

Miss Mindy said...

cool! Thanks for such nice comments everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing you Christina! and wallpaper.. AWESOME idea Daisy!--then we can drive the men folk nuts w/ our decor! --Shaunna, sad u can't make it, but I hope you and your kiddo are doing well--and Damon..........No, YER super cool.
he he he...love ya'll-mm

Wynne Chen said...

looks amazing :)
love the texture and dark feeling for her :)

Mindy Lee said...

soooo cool. love this piece

Dallas Shaw said...

thanks so much for the add :)

Danielle said...

That looks amazing Miss Mindy! Thanks for sharing your process too. Daisy started me on mermaids and now I can't get enough of them!