Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Red Queen & White Rabbit - Final pics & process...

The Red Queen: 1500$ sold
The White Rabbit: 2,000$ sold

__________

Ok! Now that my migraine is over...
Here's my Final toy turns!
I'm really happy with how they came out, and all the hard work I put into them really paid off...
Thank you to everyone for saying such great things about the pieces!


Here's a fun article from Tomopop I came across about them.

-Thank you for the love!-

_______________

Here's a tad about the process of making these lil' suckers...

The Vinylmation toys they sent me...
Chop chop! -magic sculpt to the rescue....

Cut brass for her staff & sculpting the crown....
(Most of the pieces on both the rabbit & the Queen were sculpted by hand)


Time to spray 'er down...why hello Radio!



-n' paintin' bonanza...

Placing the cards is like building a pirate ship in a bottle!


Yes...! The light works...

The Queen gives her wink of approval...

A Huge Thank you to Jo, her new mom.
(you out there Jo? drop me a line! I need to sign the bottom for you when I visit-I was so tired from my all-nighter my mooshy brain forgot! info@missmindy.com)



MR. RABBIT.
wish I had more process pics, but here's a few-

ready to Flock.

Thanks to Stephen Chiodo who taught me to "flock" ;)


and to my husband- and crazy good artist/miniature & mad scientist extrodinaire who engineered the bunny's insides!


I sculpted Alice the size of the tip of my pinky...geees.

And here we have a headless bunny. Yep! Rick put his lighting switch in his head.
(!! To whom bought him.. we have extra batteries for you, email me so I can send them to you! :)

detail.work work work...



4am Sat. morning... Finito!


-mm

3 comments:

Jeane M. said...

Wow that was really a nice tour! I'm a fan of Alice and must say the queen and the rabbit really looked fantastic. Hope to see more! philippines outsourcing

Unknown said...

Holy smokes. That whole thing is amazing. The insides are the best. Great work as always.

Unknown said...

this is just insane.............!!! how awesome!!